Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm thankful for sprouts...even if you aren't!

So I realize that brussel sprouts are not loved by all but I believe I have converted many with my sprouts so there is hope for you yet. The key is…LOTS OF BACON! To me having brussel sprouts signifies that it is officially fall .

At our annual Thanksgiving dinner with my big group of amis I made my signature sprouts.

First, trim off the ends of the sprouts and cut a slight X into the base with a knife, as this is the toughest part of the sprout these cuts will help it cook faster (or so I have been told)



Toss sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Wrap in tin foil and roast in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 -50 minutes for average size sprouts.



While sprouts are roasting sauté chopped white onion until translucent, remove from pan and then sauté chopped bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel to get rid of excess grease. Once sprouts are tender remove from oven and lightly sauté in pan with cooked onion, bacon and butter.


The lovely Jenny C enjoying all the good grub.
The entire dinner was beyond delicious and I am thankful for all my beautiful, talented and loving amis!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails