Friday, October 1, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Nine



Happy Friday mes amis!

Are you ready for the weekend?

I'm gonna have a semi-working one because I've got 2 auditions to submit for Monday morning. Good news this week is that my home studio is up and running! It's been a journey getting it to come together but by-golly-gosh we made it! Wish me luck on submitting 2 sound files that sound wicked awesome.

On a failure note - my inaugural voice over workshop is a bust. Not enough time to promote, no students. Boo. As I was telling my peep LC last night, I'm gonna take it as a learning experience - I think when working for yourself (and probably in most other areas of life) you need to know exactly why you're doing something, and then if you decide to go forward with it, you have to give it your full effort. I honestly didn't do that with this round of classes so it didn't work. Thanks universe - it was painful, but lesson learned!

Finalmont I read on the blog Freelance Switch that when an entrepreneur starts working for themselves they gain an average of 30 pounds in their first year. Did you hear that? That was the sound of me screaming "NOOOOOOO!" while falling to my knees and supplicating to the sky. 30 pounds!?! Well I'm telling ya that story scared the chocolate chip cookies right out of me! I promptly purged my fridge of (most) unhealthy stuff, and have firmly recommitted to working out more regularly. I will not be a statistic!  I was wondering though - since we're heading into Fall and Winter - what do you do to stay healthy? Any indoor workouts you love? Any tasty dishes in your arsenal that won't break the calorie bank? I'm all ears!

Next week I'll feature some of my healthy snacks and I'd love to include at least one of your recipes too!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all- enjoy that autumn air!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails