Friday, October 22, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Twelve



Bonjour mes amis!

It's Friday, I'm streaming the new Kings of Leon album as I write this, and I've got a major audition this afternoon - happy days!

How's your Friday going? Any tantalizing plans for the weekend? A bunch of us gals are heading for an exploration of the Vancouver Flea Market on Saturday - so we'll let you know next week how that was & if it's worth checking out.

Another cool thing I tried for the first time this week is heading to a Meetup group. Meetup is a site that allows users to search, create and/or join groups of people that are meeting up for different reasons - from finding fellow scooter enthusiasts, or people that love brunch, to entrepreneurs looking to meet fellow business people. Try it out - you might find a fun group you'd like to join!

I went to a monthly meetup of the Vancouver Grassroots Business Association - they have a free meeting every month, with different speakers addressing all kinds of biz related topics. This month's speaker was Danielle Laporte, an evocative and inspiring woman. Danielle had a lot of great nuggets of wisdom for business people - and if you're interested, I encourage you to check out her site White Hot Truth.

Ok peeps time for me to get rehearsing. Please wish me luck for this audition - it's going down at 2:45 PST, so if you could send me some "knock-em-dead-with-your-awesomeness" vibes at that time, thank you!!

Have a quirky, cozy weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails