Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Airy Kitchen and a Quick Dinner Recipe



One day I will have an open airy kitchen like this. Le sigh! What does your dream kitchen look like? Mine definitely needs an island to gather around! And what to cook? 

Well to keep on the healthy kick ignited in me last week, I might make a bok choy and tofu stir fry. I made this recipe the other night, marking my first time cooking with tofu (what can I say? I found the stuff intimidating). Anyway, this recipe is quick, easy and healthy. And if you've got some extra rice kicking around - this supper gets whipped up in a snap!

Bok Choy and Tofu Stir-Fry

Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves: 3

2 tsp canola oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
4 cups bok choy, coarsely chopped
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced (I used dried porcinis b/c that's what I had)
12 oz. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/4 cup green onions, chopped (green tops only)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp siracha*  (optional: more for the heat lovers out there)
2 cups cooked rice

Coat a nonstick ok or skillet with oil, heat pan to medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, bok choy and mushrooms, stir-fry until bok choy is wilted, about 3 minutes. Add tofu cubes and brown for 5 minutes - give that tofu some colour!

Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, green onions and pepper. Heat through about 1 minute. Serve with some steamy rice. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails