Friday, October 29, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Thirteen



Hey Ghosts n Goblins!

Spooky greetings to you this Friday before Halloween.

I drove past a school on its lunch break today and got to see the kids in their costumes - it was really cute and made me smile.

Personally I'm kinda glad to say goodbye to October - the last few weeks have been eerily slow - not what a solo entrepreneur wants! I did have a session at the beginning of the week, made contact with a video game company, sent recordings from my studio and went to another Meetup group - but somehow all that didn't feel like "enough".



In my ideal world I want to be booking sessions and recording every day - but that isn't reality just yet. I'm trying to "keep the faith" as Bon Jovi would say, and remember that "the work of voice over is getting the work" as Harlan Hogan, prolific VO artist would say.

I know I need to be patient, but my little inner voice keeps asking: Why can't it all just be easy?? Do you ever think that?

Well, maybe one day, but right now I think a mini Oh Henry might be the one sure way to smile. That or a nap. Mmmmm....nap.

Have a great Halloween weekend mes amis - I'm gonna be dressing up like Where's Waldo with a bunch of peeps - see if you can find us!

Happy Haunting!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails