Friday, August 20, 2010

Pssst....I made this!




A two-tone throw pillow with fabric flowers as part of a baby shower gift.

Not only did I make this but it was hand sewn! I lifelong dream of mine has been to have my very own little sewing machine…maybe this year is the year I make that dream come true, because this pillow would have taken no time at all with a sewing machine rather than laboriously stitching every evening in a dim living room, but it was worth it because I was really proud of the outcome (even though I think I could perfect the finishing better….a sewing machine would help with that!) and the mother-to-be loved it.

I hope by making this a regular series of mine on Amis that I will stay motivated to actually try all the creative ideas that are bubbling up in my head! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to lay this pillow on McKenzie's bed and tell her that her Zia Jess did it all by hand! We love this pillow and are definitely protecting it from the crazy older brother that would tear it to shreds these days :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails