Friday, August 27, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Four

View of the sky from my blanket


Another week comes to an end - and almost a whole month of flying solo! Time is a-flyin'!

This week I went in to the studio to audition and record 5 times. I did some great vocal workouts, contacted a few former teachers of mine for a hand with my upcoming voice class and I paid all my bills - joy!

Besides that - I had a lot of time to myself.

One sunny afternoon I took myself to the park with a blanket and a book and parked myself there for a couple hours. It did feel a bit weird at first, but eventually I felt happy and peaceful.

This reminded me of an exercise I did at university. The assignment was "take your inner child on a date" - whatever your inner child wants to do, go and make it happen. (Yes, this is homework when you major in Performance).

That time my inner child wanted to make a big ice cream sundae with strawberries and whipped cream and eat it while sitting on the bedroom floor. It was random, yes, but actually a lot of fun. Other people took their inner child to ride on the swings, buy bubbles at the toy store, all sorts of simple, happy-making stuff.

Sitting under the sun with my book reminded me how nice it is to give yourself a little present of time and love.

So mes amis I issue you a challenge: take your inner child on a date! Imagine your inner child coming up to you and whispering in your ear something that they'd like to do. You have 2 weeks to honour their wishes and make it happen.

And of course we want to hear too: what does your inner child want to do?

Have an unforgettable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails