Friday, August 20, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Three

Whew! Another week bites the dust & happily this one ends on a high note!

It was a bit of a dodgy beginning as the week began with super high humidity here in Vancity - meaning that my night owl tendencies took over. Holla to you my fellow night owls - hoot hoot! (Yes I did just make that joke.) I was up half the night, and half dead during the day. Boo! BUT my late nights, major procrastinations (online tv - why do you tempt me so!) and some general loneliness from hanging solo most of the time were far outweighed by some AWESOME highs.

A friend shared the BEST NEWS EVAH!!! (It is not my place to tell...but a wee hint is that the friend in question is Sonia our 3rd amis, and it has rightfully delayed her intro post, but man are you gonna love her post when you read it!)

Personally I had a wicked session at the Ocean/IPP studio this week, recording for a legendary Anime cartoon. My character must have gone through every conceivable situation - I had to sing (!!), play myself as a child, kill a demon, get possessed and die...twice. Talk about an emotional workout! I loved it though and send much love to you peeps at Ocean - I heart you!!

Other proud moments: I booked the studio for my upcoming voice class! Dates are gonna be Thursday nights 8pm - 10pm October 7, 14, 21, 28. Then today at 5pm I got called in for two more auditions on Monday. WOO HOO - here's to riding momentum!

So what's the weekend got going on? Well tomorrow is opening day of the PNE a giant fair that takes place during the last 2 weeks of summer. Since they're celebrating 100 years of the fair, the PNE is pulling out some big guns - especially with their concert series. The amis and I are checking out the kick off concert tomorrow with headliners Brian Adams and The Beach Boys! As the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten would say: "How bad can that be?" I'll have to explain my affinity for the Beach Boys another time. As for tomorrow, me and the peeps will try to snag some wicked photos to share with y'all.

Ok time to cut ya loose- go enjoy your weekend! You earned it!

Mucho love,
Jenny C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails