Friday, August 6, 2010

Flying Solo - Week One

Have you ever wanted to work for yourself?

Well I was crazy enough to try it and have just completed week one of Life2.0, life after full-time employment, life working for myself. Yipes! Now the test: can I work hard and build a successful business, or will the temptation of YouTube and other pitfalls lead to my demise?

I could feel both possibilities battling it out this week! There were uh-oh moments, one sleepless night, kindness from strangers and finally my first job apres my day job. I'm exhausted! Did any of you business owners out there feel this way starting out?

Highlights:
-Booking a voice gig
-Auditioning
-Getting wisdom from another business owner (Deborah Wallace from The Finer Details Event Planning...thanks for your time Deb!)

Lowlights:
-Unexpectedly buying a new phone after mine jumped into my friend Chicken's pool (it made a run for it then sunk- a priceless moment).
-Dealing with bureaucratic timelines ("We'll get that paperwork over to you in 2 to 3 weeks" Wait...what?)
-Discovering Word Mole

I think I ended this week on the plus side, but there is still so much to do and learn.

How would you tackle life as an entrepreneur? What should I do first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails