Friday, August 13, 2010

Flying Solo - Week Two

Remember learning to walk?

No...me neither

But I think it would be kind of like what learning to work for myself feels like so far. After spending so long working for other people, it's been difficult at times this week to let myself concentrate full force on my dream and go for it.

Despite that, I'm making progress. I've adopted the mantra of reaching out every day and doing something or talking to someone that scares me but will hopefully bring me more success.

So far so good. I had 2 auditions this week, 1 of which I ROCKED! I usually feel pretty good after an audition, but after this one I felt fist-pumping good.

I also went to my first BNI meeting - which is a business networking group with chapters all over. There were about 60 people there, and we each had to give a 30 second pitch about our business. I steeled myself, gave my pitch and didn't instantaneously combust.

(Sidebar: do you ever get that voice in your head when you're scared about something and it thinks of the most far-out worse case scenarios ever? Ha, yeah, me too!) Anyway, it went well and I met some great folks.

Finally, I think I've found the perfect space for my upcoming voice acting workshop. I haven't struck the deal yet, but I checked it out today & it is perfect. Located in lovely downtown Vancouver, it has beautiful natural light, hardwood floors and a gorgeous patio too. I think we might have our Q&A sessions out there at the end of class.

Hey, do you or anyone you know want to learn more about voice acting? If yes, what would you like to learn or hope to get out of a class?

Here's to two weeks of surviving solo.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails