Monday, January 17, 2011

Take me to the Movies

The Golden Globes were last night and I happily planted myself on the couch with a glass of wine and a plate of pasta to enjoy all the glamour and fun. While I love the build-up and hoopla of the Oscars, the Globes are always my favorite because they are always a bit more unexpected, I mean, how can they not be when you have the hilarious Ricky Gervais charmingly insulting everyone in the room.

But as a true movie fan I am already looking ahead to what movies will be on my list to see for 2011, here are JUST a few, because I could go on too long:





HANNA
Starring the impressive Saoirse Ronan as a young girl raised by her father (Eric Bana) in the wilderness of Finland to be the perfect assassin, with Cate Blanchett playing a ruthless operatives agent who is tracking down the young assassin. The trailer is kick-as*!




Tree of Life
The long awaited film from Terence Malick starring Brad Pitt, visually it looks beautiful, as is expected from Malick.




Jane Eyre
This is the English major in me coming out, I love the haunting and mysterious story of young Ms. Eyre and Mr. Rochester. Also, Mia Wasikowska, is proving, like Ms. Ronan, to be a young force to be reckoned with on the big screen.



Paul
From the fellows who brought us Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz so it’s going to be funny. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are back and this time they stumble across Paul, voiced by Seth Rogan, he’s not your average alien.





Rango
He’s a weird looking green gecko…and he is voiced by Johnny Depp! I’m already sold.



Go to www.apple.com/trailers to view all the trailers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails