Thursday, January 6, 2011

Live! From New York....


...it's Saturday Night! or at least everything you want to know about Saturday Night Live. I realized last night that I haven't given you a peak in to my bookshelfs in awhile and as usual as soon as I finish one book I immediately pick up another, I feel somewhat incomplete when I don't have a book to read. I actually read this book awhile ago but I think it is a good one to share.




Live from New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, as Told by its Stars, Writers and Guests is a great read for anyone who has fond memories of this iconic show. Compiled of testimonials from cast, writers, producers and guest stars this is a treasure trove of backstage gossip, sex, drugs and rock & roll spanning the first 30 years of the shows existence. Ever wonder the back story behind your favorite skit? Well the story is in this book! Would you be surprised to know that the most hated guest host (and former cast member) is Chevy Chase? I was!



While you will definitely find yourself laughing about some of the antics described, you will also be touched and saddened by the memories of John Belushi, Gilda Raydnor and Chris Farley as described by this tight knit group of people. The book some times gets bogged down in the politics of television but if you can get past those drier parts then your in for a fun and easy read, you will want to run to your local video store to rent your favorite seasons now that you know all the secrets behind them!


"I think he picked the right profession because he gets to lord over people who want to kneel at his feet and he doesn't acknowledge them - which makes them work harder" - Jane Curtin on Lorne Michaels

xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails