Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Furious Love

Long before there was Bennifer, Brangelina or Tomkat there was Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger have pieced together the turbulent romance that all started with Le Scandale on the set of Cleopatra.

Kashner and Schoenberger honestly and respectfully capture the drama, excess, sex, violence and above all glamour that was Burton and Taylor, so compellingly telling the story of two people so deeply passionate for one another yet so destructive to each other. Despite all their troubles there is something truly intoxicating about the raven haired, violet eyed beauty and the tough guy Welshman and their furious love.

I've always had a weakness for stories of old Hollywood, one of my favorite parts of any issue of Vanity Fair, so I was drawn in right away and now eagerly looking forward to getting my hands on some of the movies that are said to be the settings of this truly epic romance.


They just don't make movie start like them anymore!



"I am forever punished by the gods for being given the fire and trying to put it out. The fire, of course, is you" - Richard Burton


"Since I was a little girl, I believed I was a child of destiny, and if that is true, Richard Burton was surely my fate" - Elizabeth Taylor


xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails