Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday Couch Favorites

November has just flown by and usually I don't allow myself to get in to full Christmas mode until Devember 1st, but the extra chill in the air and all those white flakes comind down from the sky here in Vancouver has me thinking of all the things I love during the holidays. From all the food to the decorating, the festive gatherings and the classic carols, and not to mention those holiday films that year after year never fail to put a smile on your face. What are your go-to holiday movies?

In no particular order, here are some of mine....

Love Actually - ask any woman and it is probably on their list, it is just so good in so many ways


The Family Stone - I have always liked big ensemble casts, and this has a great one, it reminds me of all those big family gatherings and the chaos that ensues.

The Muppet Christmas Carol - So I have a confession to make, I love the Muppets! Always have and always will. Their take on this classic story is priceless.

The Lord of the Rings - Yeah, not a choice you would be expecting, but my brother and I use to spend the time on Christmas Day between opening presents in the morning and dinner in the evening just laying on the couch watching endlees hours of action, so now I always have a nostalgia for these movies around Christmas.

Home Alone - Do I even need to explain why?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails