Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Post: Best Bite #11: Chicken + Waffles

Today is a very special day here at Amis, we have our very first guest post! Thank you to our dear ami Christine for sharing her experience and helping us knock another item off our best bit list!


I am extremely privileged to be the first special guest blogger to the Amisarewe Blog and I am so excited to share my experience with you.
For the past few years, one of our friends has given me the gift of time for my birthday. For my 30th birthday I was able to choose any cooking class I was interested in. I chose a breakfast class at DirtyApron.  Not only did I laugh hysterically as I fell flat while trying to flip my potato latkes, the atmosphere, chef and good company was all the rave! 
This year for my birthday, she gave me the gift of time again! This time the card read, “Chicken and Waffles for Chicken!”  I was invited to join her at TwoChefs+ATable for this crazy combination.  Yay, Chicken and Waffles is also an item on the Best Bites Vancouver!  We shared Chicken and Waffles as well as their Hash.
Here’s the deal with Chicken and Waffles….
IT’S DAMN GOOD!
It seems so weird to have this combo staring at you in the face but once you pour the syrup on and dig in, its mouth watering, irresistibly phenomenal. The Belgium waffle is made to perfection but the star of the entire dish, the fried chicken. No wait, the batter of the fried chicken. The pairing of the season batter, waffle and syrup is truly what makes this dish. I experimented a bit and tried just a piece of chicken without skin with the waffle, but that perfect bite was missing. The combination lacked.
Please, do yourself a favour and head down to TwoChefs+ATable as soon as you can to get a taste of this! Chicken and Waffles is where it’s at! Doors open at 9:30am and that’s the perfect time to be there if you don’t want to wait!
4 things learnt in my rant...
1.       My ageJ
2.       My nicknameJ
3.       I love cookingJ
4.       I love Chicken and WafflesJ
Thanks for letting me be the first guest,  Amis!!!
©Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails