Friday, October 28, 2011

Food for Comfort





It is that time of year that whether it is grey and wet outside or clear and crisp the warmth of comfort food calls to me. One of the best places for a good dose of comfort has got to be Burgoo.


I was there last week and as usual had such a hard time making my decision, always so hard to choose from their assortment of soul warming soups, goey grilled cheese or hearty one stop pot meals. I eventually settled on the butternut squash soup with the chicken and brie sandwich. The soup had the right amount of spice with a lovely crunch of hazelnut on top and the sandwich had a great balance of chicken, brie, crisp apples and cucumbers. My two Amis had the mac and cheese which I stole a couple bites of. The Mac n' more with peas, bacon and shallots might have to be my choice next time we go.


I apologize that the pictures are a bit dark, we were seated at the patio which was lovely on a crisp fall evening, cozy underneath a powerful heater, frosty pint of strongbow cider and piping hot meal was the perfect end note to our saturday excursions.


Happy Friday everyone


xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails