Thursday, February 17, 2011

A taste of paradise in February

San Diego has become somewhat of a meeting place for my Dad's side of he family since everyone is spread out all over, this year it was the biggest turn out ever. Since my Dad was born and raised in California I always consider myself somewhat of a "California Girl" and this city in particular will always hold special meaning.


Here are some of my favorite places and images from my little escape to the sunny sands of San Diego:



If you want an old school beach experience stay at The Beach Cottages, they've been around since 1948 and the location can not be beat, right on Mission Beach.


Walking along Pacific Beach

Surfs up at Pacific Beach


Ocean Beach at sunrise, well worth the early wake up call, and a place with alot of meaning for my family.


Classic diner breakfast in Ocean Beach

Munchkins in cute toques

Afternoon family beer pong tournament


As featured on the food network's Diners, Drive In's & Dives (possibly one of my favorite shows), El Indio, since 1940


Carnitas tacos with fresh homemade tortillas....Vanouver just doesn't have stuff this good!

Another amazing sunset, with a heart shaped cloud just for valentine's day!


xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails