Monday, July 9, 2012

The Sardine Can

This past weekend I got to do one of my favorite things, try out a new and fabulous restaurant! Maybe because my two fellow amis are currently gallivanting around Spain as I type but I needed to get my own fix.


I have a soft spot for authentic Spanish Tapas and it has been something that Vancouver has been sorely lacking but now we have TheSardineCan. Located in a little spot on Powell Street in Gastown The Sardine Can literally did feel like I was walking in to a little tapas joint on some side street in some bustling Spanish city.


I really need to get better at taking pictures of food before greedily stuffing it into my mouth so this is the best picture I have, but I can tell you it wal all delicious. We ordered quite a selection from the little menu but they were all the perfect tapas size and washed down with a crisp, cool Spanish white wine was perfection.

 My personal favorites were the duo of hams, Pata Negra and Serrano, cut so thin they melt in your mouth, the Gambas al Ajillo (prawns in garlic), with all that leftover oil with garlic and chili just perfect for dunking bread into, and the Patatas Bravas, little fingerling potatoes doused in tomatoes and garlic aoili.

The place, as the name suggests, is small, best for a date night of a small group of 5 and under, and it fills up. However, if you are not in a rush it is perfectly situated to have a stroll around and grab a pre-dinner cocktail while you wait for your table. The space is great and the staff incredibly friendly!

xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails