Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best Bite #8: Macarons from Thierry


From L to R: Pumpkin, Chestnut, Lime, Apple Spice and Lemon





Disclaimer: this is one of those cheats I forewarned you about. Now technically on the Best Bite list it is the pistachio flavoured macaron at Thierry that they recommend, however after three consecutive visits where they were sold out of the pistachio, I made the executive decision that trying five different flavours would compensate for not trying the pistachio.



I love macarons, I love the chewy meringue with the cool creamy centre, these macarons had that texture experience down pat, I was however I bit disapointed in the flavour. Now don't get me wrong, they were good, but they didn't quite have the intense kick of flavour that I have experienced in other macarons. I was particularly excited for the pumpkin but it was so mild that if you didn't know it was pumkin, I don't think you could have guessed. The two citrus macarons were closer to what I expected in terms of getting that kick, and I would say everyone at the table agreed with the overall assesment.



So I would say this bite fell in the middle of the road, nailing it in one category but missing the boat in another.



xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails