Monday, July 4, 2011

GO FISH!

Looking across False Creek

The ladies enjoying the sun while we wait




After a beautiful bike ride around False Creek, myself and some Amis decided to brave the 30 minute line up and then 30 minute wait for our food at Go Fish! Located just past Granville Island along the sea wall it is hard to miss with a lineup snaking around this little fish shack! Sadly I don't have pictures of my grilled salmon tacones (I just dove in too fast to breath, let alone take a picture) but as you can see the view can't be beat and on a sunny day the wait doesn't seem that bad.



The tacones were chock-a-block full of fresh grilled salmon, their signature coleslaw and cilantro crema all wrapped in a flour tortilla, they look small but are decievingly filling! The asian flavoured kick of the coleslaw was a nice change from the usual standard salsa. As good as these were, I think next time I am going to have to go straight to the fish and chips, the piping hot halibut filet covered in a crunchy beer batter that I watched my friends eat made we want to get back in line!



Go fish is the perfect locale for an easy going day where time is not an issue, don't get discouraged by the line up because it is well worth the wait.




xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails